Visitor Information and Changes Associated with COVID-19
Our Visitation Policy
Core Principles to Reduce the Risk of Covid-19 Transmission
- Screening: Everyone will be screened for signs and symptoms of Covid-19 when entering the facility.
- Hand Hygiene: Know the location of an Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizer dispenser and wash your hands often.
- Face Covering: Please wear a face mask when entering the facility and keep it on at all times.
- Social Distancing: Please keep at least six feet between other residents and staff. Limit your walking around to your destination.
Nursing Home Visitation
We, at Lourdes Noreen McKeen Residence, understand how difficult this past year has been on our residents and their families. Thank you for your understanding and patience while we had to limit visitors for resident and staff safety.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has updated its visitation guidance. This guidance allows for visitation in nursing homes but still emphasizes the importance of maintaining infection prevention practices, given the continued risk of CoVid-19 transmission.
- Visits do not have to be scheduled
- Children and pets can now visit
- There is no time limit on length of visit
- General visiting hours are 7:00am to 8:00 pm, 7 days a week
- Visitation will be temporarily suspended on any specific care unit that has a positive CoVid-19 case identified. This does not include compassionate care visitors.
- Facility updates will be available on the telephone line. Covid-19 (561) 650-8947
- Resident activities will be resuming with the Activities Department and staff. Notices will be posted and announced as we work through this process.